Hi! Welcome to my blog.
I'm Elizabeth. I am a third-year law student, work in tech policy, and you can see the rest in my tagline.
Over the last year or so I've seen so much discourse about bringing the old internet back. It's all TikTok and Reels and pseudo-intellectualism on the former Twitter's competitors. You can't bring the old internet back if you're not utilizing it's best free tools. The world doesn't have to be algorithmic engagement if you don't want it to be. I quite literally was reblogging Windows Vista and 7 when everyone else was reblogging Windows 95 and 98 for Vaporwave. Frutiger Aero is everything to me, but on a very macro level, I am out to prove that these matters can be solved by markets, not governments.
On a micro, personal level I am becoming dissatisfied with Instagram. Since the Covid-19 pandemic I have been posting my outfit pictures daily on a private account. I grew up on blogspot, then Google plus, then Tumblr. Maybe I am last person on Earth who is a sucker for long-form. I like to read my news instead of watch it. For everyone's mental health I quite frankly suggest that. I love magazines and glossy pages. Like most people in my generation, I also adore physical media. There are many creators on TikTok who post recreations of their old fashion blog outfits and I couldn't help but remember how much I loved the format: Photos with a low-megapixel digital camera, long explanations, real faces, and an optimism frozen in time. Back in their day, I was taking pictures of my American Girl Dolls and posting them to this very site. Why not refresh the muscle memory?
This blog will serve several purposes. (My apologies if this is listed like legal jargon.)
(1) Be somewhere to post my daily outfit. This will just take over what I've been doing on Instagram. It will be slower and more intentional. I want to talk about the garments and touch on the no buy journey I've been going on with my mom and her friends.
(2) Talk about the things I'm interested in a way that's not quite law-related, not quite funny enough for tumblr, and not quite emotional and obscure enough for LiveJournal. If my schedule allows for it, I'll cover some fandom topics I care about, post about my favorite vintage fashion, and cover the gray area in controversial topics that I can't quite bill for work.
(3) Document my 3L year and life beyond. 3L, is infamously referred to as "3LOL," though my schedule doesn't really reflect that. I still want to document the highs and lows from exam studying, the absurd ways in which I study, the triumph when you make it, and all the fun social events in between.
I'm not sure who my audience is or if there is one at all, but I love reviving dead things. I did it once on TikTok in 2020...iykyk.

No comments:
Post a Comment